5 - 10 years
A successful non-profit seeks a Registered Nurse / District Healthcare Administrator to lead, implement and coordinate the healthcare services of elderly religious brothers located primarily in the San Francisco/CA Bay Area, Santa Fe/NM, and the New Orleans/LA area.
De La Salle Institute (DLSI), located atop a rural hilltop with spectacular views of the Napa Valley, is searching for a District Healthcare Coordinator to provide healthcare consultative services to the Christian Brothers and their immediate families; supervises and instructs healthcare personnel; provides onsite evaluation of healthcare programs and makes recommendations as needed to local community directors. The Christian Brothers are members of a Catholic religious order.
DLSI’s purpose is to serve and support the Brothers, Partners and Apostolates of the San Francisco New Orleans District of the Christian Brothers, whose mission is to provide a human and Christian education for the young, especially the poor. Under the direction of the Auxiliary Visitor the successful candidate will perform the following duties:
- Implements and coordinates all healthcare services for the District of San Francisco New Orleans.
- Responsible for hiring and training all healthcare personnel for the District of San Francisco New Orleans in collaboration with lead nurses in Santa Fe, New Mexico, Napa, California, and Covington, Louisiana.
- Evaluates healthcare needs of individual Brothers in the District of San Francisco New Orleans with special emphasis on the Holy Family retirement community (Napa, CA) as a whole.
- Supervises lead nurses at St. Michael’s Community (Santa Fe, NM) and St. Paul’s Community (Covington, LA) as well as all healthcare personnel, Activities Coordinator, driver and others involved in the day to day care and service to the retired Christian Brothers at the Holy Family Community (Napa, CA). This includes providing disciplinary action and counseling when appropriate and approves department timecards for accurate payroll processing.
- Effectively identifies, evaluates, and addresses disease prevention and health promotion issues of the Brothers while administering quality patient care.
- Communicates with physicians regarding individual wellness plans for the Brothers.
- Provides consultative services for the Brothers regarding care for their own families (e.g., parents) when the need arises.
- Accesses community services to meet the individual needs of the Brothers with special consideration and emphasis on the Holy Family Community (Napa, CA)
- Visits Saint Mary’s College Community (Moraga, CA) semi-monthly and Sacred Heart Cathedral Community (San Francisco, CA) monthly. Accompanies the Brothers to medical appointments when requested.
- Visits, at least quarterly, the St. Paul’s Community (Covington, LA), and at least semi-annually, the St. Michael’s Community (Santa Fe, NM).
- Promotes and/or provides health related education to the healthcare staff and other interested employees and Brothers.
- Assists in ongoing safety and disaster plan management.
- Provides individual health screenings on a regular basis.
- Maintains accurate and current health data on the Brothers in the TabulaPro database system.
- Educates individual Brothers on changes in medications and health care plans.
- Provides First Aid and wound care to the Brothers and employees as needed.
- Assists patients with Activities of daily living as needed
- Provides relief for Certified Nursing Assistant’s as needed
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent documentation skills
- Ability to lead
- Demonstrated assessment and critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, TabulaPro
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to the residents
- Ability in maintaining confidentiality
- Self-starter; ability to manage time and meet deadlines with minimal guidance
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent professional courtesy and manner with all external and internal contacts
- Basic operation of printer, copier/scanner, online fax program
- Willingness to grow in understanding of the Lasallian mission and heritage
- Ability to learn new software and database technology
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- BS in Nursing required, MS in Nursing preferred
- Current and active California State RN License
- Minimum 5 years of nursing experience
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience
- Experience in senior living operations management
- Current CPR certification
- Ability to lift, walk, sit, stand, kneel and drive
- Manual dexterity for keyboarding
- Ability to use a computer
- Indoor and outdoor work environments
- Potential exposure to bio-hazards, blood and bodily fluids
- Lifting up to 20 pounds with assistance
- Pushing/pulling up to 225 pounds
- Requires gentle assistance to residents weighing up to 300 pounds
- Frequent travel to multiple communities within the District required
We offer a rich benefit package that includes the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Two types of retirement plans- Defined benefit plan (Pension) and a Defined contribution plan (403(b)), Life and AD&D insurance, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, AFLAC, Vacation Benefit, Sick Leave and Holiday pay.
Job ID: 249927466