Express Your Inner Greatness Within a Great Place to Work!
As part of the MorseLife Health System, our Skilled Nursing Facility is now seeking a Full & Part Time RNs to join our team! We invite you to be part of one of the Best Places to work for according to the South Florida Business Journal!
Teamwork. Passion. Impact. Leadership. Quality. Customer Focus. These are more than just our guiding attributes. They’re the values shared by each member of our team – and the principles behind our success as a 5-Star, Gold Seal, nationally recognized senior care provider. If these traits resemble you as a whole, you may be an excellent match for our most current opportunity:
In this role, you’ll collaborate with an exceptional staff to become part of an elite corps of healthcare professionals driven by passion, performance and pride. At MorseLife Health Center, you will be trusted with the care of our residents in our 5 Star, Gold Seal status Long Term Care and Memory Care units or in our state-of-the-art, neighborhood-layout Short Term Rehabilitation facility.
How to make an impact:
- Take a detailed report from off going nurse
- Complete narcotic reconciliation
- Make rounds on assigned patients to identify areas of concerns.
- Take ownership and responsibility for resident care, anticipate needs and take proactive measures.
- Follow physician’s order, medication administrating policy as it applies to safe administration of medication and treatments.
- Maintains the medication and treatment carts and insure they are locked at all times when not in use.
- Perform other treatments as related to patient care; example, suctioning, tube feeding, dressing change, tracheotomy, infection control as ordered by physician or the infection control coordinator.
- Supervise resident care that is being delivered.
- Attend mandatory meetings and or in-services as scheduled to promote, develop and foster a positive work environment.
- Address all patients clinical care issues, customers’ service issues in a timely manner.
- Provide patient teaching and evaluate the patient’s response to treatment and nursing intervention. Involve family and significant others as appropriate.
- Document medication, treatment and other pertinent finding related to patient care appropriately.
- Complete patient discharge and transfer process in a timely manner ensuring completion of all documents.
- Complete patient admission and assessment in a timely manner, reviewing admission records, identifying risk factors and implementation of appropriate clinical nursing interventions.
- Ensuring medications and treatments are ordered in a timely manner.
- Complete behavior monitoring sheet as appropriate.
- Noting and transcribing physician orders for medication and treatment accurately and appropriately.
- Participate in fall and wound rounds to formulate and identify patient need.
- Perform patient skin checks on a weekly basis and address areas of concerns.
- Notify physician on call/responsible party of any clinical concerns and following apparent recommendations.
- Gather all pertinent information and complete incident report appropriately, notifying physician and responsible party.
- Provide high standard of care by auditing and ensuring compliance in resident care area.
- Maintaining medication and treatment carts and ensuring compliance.
- Interact and coordinate with other departments to ensure quality resident care.
- Review lab book, assure that all lab results are received and reported appropriately.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- An Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, and 2 years related SNF experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- 1 year of previous leadership experience required
- Valid Florida RN and CPR
- Familiarity with, and ability to respond to, all relevant emergency and evacuation codes and procedures
- Ability to read, interpret and follow all safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working with EMR
*Every other weekend availability required*
MorseLife is ideal for professionals looking to express their own Inner Greatness. Has your Inner Greatness yet to be noticed? Come join our team and we’ll help you make an impact and surpass even your own expectations!
MorseLife is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Work Place.
Job ID: 255524686