We are hiring for a qualified civilian Licensed Practical Nurse-Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory LPN to join our team of talented professionals who provide health care services to our veterans and their families at Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas, Nevada.
• Status: Full-Time
• Schedule: Monday – Friday, 6:00am – 8:00pm
• Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage
• Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
• 401K Plan
The Licensed Practical Nurse-Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory LPN must have the following qualifications:
• Degree/Education: Must have successfully completed all education and training requirements leading to and graduated from an accredited national, state or military equivalent school for Practical Nursing.
• As appropriate within established procedures, protocols and scope of practice, must have understanding of and ability to correctly utilize and/or apply; medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, psychology, pharmacology, medical ethics and legal concepts, clinical procedures, patient care; emergency medical treatment to include cardiopulmonary resuscitation, aseptic technique, specimen collection, diagnostic testing, prepare and administer oral and parenteral (excluding IV) medications, vaccination procedures, mechanisms of anaphylaxis and shock and their treatment; prescription drugs and their administration; operating and maintaining therapeutic equipment, risk management, medical contingency operations, computer operations in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records
• Certifications: In addition to Basic Life Support: BLS is required certifications using American Heart Association or American Red Cross guidelines
• National certification and trauma specific certifications preferred but not necessary
• Licensure/Registration: Must have and maintain throughout course of contract, a current, active, valid, unrestricted license (with no limitations, stipulations or pending adverse actions) to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) from a US jurisdiction
• Experience: Experience performing care and treatment of patients; operating and maintaining therapeutic equipment; properly administering oral and parenteral medications; conducting paraprofessional portions of physical examinations; or assisting in medical treatment of patients in accordance with established procedures and protocols, within the LPN scope of practice. Shall have practiced as an LPN performing hands-on patient care in the outpatient clinical setting for at least 12 months within the past 24 months
• Due to contractual obligations with the DoD, Health Care Workers performing under this contract must either be a U.S. citizen, or as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, either a noncitizen national of the United State, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or alien authorized to work in the United States
You will love being part of the Matrix family of Providers whose focus since day one has been selflessly giving back to our hard-working and devoted military servicemen and women. Matrix Providers has always been a proud veteran-owned company and military family supporter and is a staunch ally of our active-duty and veteran service providers.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 273890267