MAB Community Services is a non-profit human service organization serving adults with developmental disabilities, adults with acquired brain injuries, individuals who are blind or visually impaired, and students ages 13 to 22 who have a variety of learning challenges and behavioral health diagnoses. MAB is proud to have a team of enthusiastic professionals who are passionate about supporting individuals with a range of disabilities live full lives and who desire to grow professionally.
MAB's Adult Disability Program is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic, person-centered, and progressive thinking individual to serve as a Full-Time and Part-time Licensed Practical Nurse in our community based Residential Program homes, located in Shrewsbury and Hopkinton MA which consists of participants with acquired brain injury, behavioral and medical needs, as well as substance dependency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with the development and implementation of health care standards, policies and procedures.
- Provides trainings and subsequent trainings, as needed, and consultation to Residential Supports Managers, Residential Coordinators, and direct care staff regarding policies and procedures according to Medication Administration Program (MAP) policy guidelines outlined for the role of the nurse; specified licensed practical nurse.
- Reviews all incident reports involving health and safety issues, including mental health and behavioral incidents.
- Oversees MAP Program at the residence by conducting routine audits of documentation system, providing specific and systemic response to medication errors, and providing on-call consultation on a rotating basis.
- Conducts reviews of MAP documentation and procedures utilizing the MAP audit tool and provides updates within a reasonable manner to the Lead Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) and Director of Clinical Systems.
- Conducts reviews of health care documentation to ensure program compliance with the provider’s recommendations as well as MAB, DDS policies and the MAP policies.
- Develops and conducts in-service training to Adult Disability Service employees.
- Identifies and facilitates the utilization of appropriate community resources.
- Provides client-specific consultation to program staff, in conjunction with health care providers.
- Transports participants to any medical appointment
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) License
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year.
- All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background and driving record check.
- Part-time Shrewsbury Sun/Mon 7am-3pm
- Full-time Hopkinton Sun-Thu 7am-3pm or 8am-4pm
This position requires transportation of individuals to medical appointments using a company vehicle.
MAB Community Services is committed to workplace diversity and candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.50 /hour