Join the nation’s premiere Home Health and Hospice group! Guardian Angel Home Health is one of the fastest growing Home Health agencies in the country. With over 22 locations nationwide many of our branches carry impressive star ratings and are recognized as one of the lead providers in Home Health, Hospice, DME and Out Patient Rehab.
When you join our team you will have the advantage of industry leading compensation and benefit packages to choose from. A team environment with lead management support. State of the art equipment and charting system in HomeCare HomeBase (HCHB), and the chance to advance with one of the leading providers of Homecare in the country.
The nurse provides skilled professional nursing care to the patient as prescribed by the physician and maintains compliance with regulations and standards established by CMS, CHAP; and standards of professional practice established by the State Board of Nursing, and the American Nursing Association. Follows agency policies and procedures at all times.
Essential Job Expectations and Procedural Responsibilities:
1. Initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the client’s needs, including Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) assessments at appropriate time points.
2. Initiating the plan of care and revising as necessary
3. Providing those services and/or treatments requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill
4. Counseling the patient and family in meeting nursing related needs
5. Initiating appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures
6. Preparing clinical progress notes
7. Coordination of services including on-call rotation, week days, weekends and holidays
8. Referral to other services as needed
9. Informing the physician and other staff of changes in the patient’s needs
10. Evaluating and appropriately documenting outcomes of care
11. Supervising LVN/LPN and paraprofessionals providing services at appropriate time frames.
12. Assessing client needs and assigning, preparing POC for home health aide specific for patients.
13. Participating in in-service programs, mandatory meetings, and training programs as required by Agency
14. Planning for the discharge/recert from service
15. Utilizes the Clinical Supervisor as the first resource when problems or questions occur in the field, including charting guidelines, coordination of disciplines, and supervision of home health aide services.
16. Participates in quarterly utilization review and chart audits (peer and self) for OBQI/OBQM as requested by Agency.
17. Maintains Agency property, supplies and equipment in a manner that demonstrates ownership and accountability.
18. Demonstrates infection control per Medicare/CHAP/OSHA guidelines and Agency
19. Maintains a professional appearance and treats others with care and respect. Works toward resolution of interpersonal conflicts as they arise.
20. Possess and maintains a current license, CPR certificate and Tuberculin testing. Remains current for all other Agency mandatories.
21. Follows-up timely with physician regarding lab results
22. Confirms all orders with the physician
23. Assures maintenance of office and medical supplies, forms and inventories
24. Builds community and customer perception of the Agency as a high quality provider of services.
25. Continuously analyzes work processes and makes suggestion for improvement.
26. Recommends and/or supports changes to Agency policies and procedures.
27. Maintains Agency property, supplies and equipment in a manner that demonstrates ownership and accountability.
28. Is a team player: recognizing the influence of beliefs and cultures on behaviors and accepting strengths and limitations in others; works towards the resolution of interpersonal conflicts as they arise; attends and contributes during meetings; demonstrates initiative to meet the needs of the Agency by assisting coworkers when workload permits; provides assistance in a courteous manner and treats others with care and respect.
29. May assist with new employee orientation
30. Maintains a professional appearance.
31. Performs other duties as required.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. Current RN licensure in the State of employment. One year recent experience in Medical-Surgical care of the adult patient preferred. Two years Home Care experience preferred.
Possesses excellent observational and assessment skills and nursing judgment. Possesses good verbal and written skills. Must be a licensed driver with an insured automobile in good working order.
Job Type: Full-time
Job ID: 283699449