Join the nation’s premiere Home Health and Hospice group! Guardian Angel Home Health is one of the fastest growing Home Health agencies in the country. With over 22 locations nationwide many of our branches carry impressive star ratings and are recognized as one of the lead providers in Home Health, Hospice, DME and Out Patient Rehab.
*You must be available to travel in the Macomb, Wayne, and Oakland County areas*
Provides personal care and related services to clients as delegated by a professional member of the client care team. Responsible for para-professional aspects of care and patient safety. Functions under the overall instruction and supervision of the nursing supervisor or director of nursing.
- High school graduate or GED preferred
- At least one year experience providing personal care for adults/children in a hospital, home care agency or health related facility
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing
- Completion of an approved home health aide training course desirable
- Reliable car with current insurance coverage and State of Michigan license
- CPR certification desirable
- Current certification as HHA desirable NOT REQUIRED
- Demonstrates good interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to exercise common sense, patience, and tack
- Ability to think clearly and make logical decisions in emergency situations
Tasks performed by an aide must be assigned by and performed under the supervision of an RN who will be responsible for the client care provided by the aide. The duties of the aide may include:
- Provides for the personal care needs of the client as designated on the home health aide plan of care. This includes helping the client maintain good personal hygiene.
- Reports changes in the patient’s condition and needs in a timely fashion, as dictated by agency policy.
- Documents on the appropriate forms.
- Submits to the agency completed documentation within established time parameters.
- Performs all duties within the boundaries of the personal care policies and procedures.
- Provides care to the client with attention to the safety needs of the client. Assists in maintaining a safe environment.
- Plans and prepares nutritious meals.
- Assists with ambulation.
- Performs routine household duties as related to a safe and comfortable environment, as designated by the care plan.
- Assists the therapy personnel as needed with rehabilitative services.
- Attempts to promote client’s mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest.
- Gives emotional and psychological support to the client and other members of the household.
- Establishes relationship with client and family which transmits trust and confidentiality.
- Utilizes equipment and supplies appropriately.
- Revises workload and client care assignments as requested by management.
- Takes initiative in performance of assigned work, requiring minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates a high degree of commitment to customer service and the provision of quality care.
- Exhibits positive interpersonal verbal and written skills.
- Attends a minimum of twelve hours of continuing education/inservice each year.
- Participates in quality improvement activities and staff meetings.
- Performs all other duties as requested or assigned.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 325 pounds utilizing an assistive device.
- Driving a motor vehicle, standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching and stretching.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time while standing and being involved in physical activity.
- Ability to do extensive bending and lifting on a regular basis.
- Potential travel in inclement weather.
- Potentially unsanitary home environments.
Job Type: Full-time