REGISTERED NURSE - OR
$5000.00 SIGN ON BONUS
Full Time 32 hours/ week
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree (ADN) from an accredited nursing program.
- Minimum of one year in area of specialty or acute care preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must maintain current, active license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado.
- Must maintain current CPR certification.
- Must maintain current ACLS certification.
- Must maintain current PALS certification.
Join a team that was named a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital in the U.S. in 2019, according to The National Rural Health Association's Rural Health Policy Institute, iVantage Health Analytics and The Chartis Center for Rural Health. Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center is located in the beautiful Upper Arkansas Valley in central Colorado. The local towns of Salida and Buena Vista are known for their pleasant weather, vast recreation opportunities and vibrant arts scene. Both towns are located along the Arkansas River at elevations above 7,000 feet near the Continental Divide. We are located with in two hours of the best ski resorts in the US.
REGISTERED NURSE OR
- Provides nursing care utilizing the nursing process through all phases of surgical procedures.
- Collaborates with all members of the surgical team for the benefit of the patient.
- Performs Universal Protocol: Timeout, verify patient full name, date of birth, surgical procedure, correct site and ensures site is marked with surgeon’ signature.
- Performs circulating functions during surgery including monitoring and communicating patient’s condition, documenting interventions and activities, monitoring the sterile field and controlling traffic into and out of the operating room.
- Participates in room turnovers between cases with EVS staff.
- Demonstrates clinical competence in surgical skills and a superior sterile conscience.
- Rotates to all areas in surgical services as census changes and to accommodate patient needs.
- Serves as the second Registered Nurse during the recovery phase post-operatively during call back
- Assists with cleaning and sterilization of instruments for after hour cases.
- Accurately documents all patient care in the medical records. Accurately documents appropriate patient charges, corrects any discrepancies.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- Employer-matching retirement plan options (immediately available)
- Employee assistance program
- Rewards and Recognitions
- Employee wellness programs
- 24/7 access to Wellness U Staff Gym
- On-site training workshops
- Annual salary increase opportunity
- Possible gain sharing
- Cafeteria meal discount
- Paid time off and sick leave
Non-exempt: Entry level hourly base compensation $30.00 and midpoint base compensation $ 37.72. All offers will be based on applicants years of experience relative to the position
HRRMC is one of the largest employers in Chaffee County and offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as programs that highlight and celebrate employees who go above and beyond. Those employed at HRRMC often speak of how they respect their co-workers and are proud to be a part of an organization that offers exceptional care in a rural setting.