Essential Functions* of the position are detailed below and include any physical requirements checked below:
1. Develops and implements the weekly lesson plans that include age appropriate activities that promotes health, nutrition and literacy for children of various ages who utilize the daycare periodically while their parents are accessing WIC services.
2. Provides a safe, clean and nurturing environment for the children and ensure proper sanitation procedures are followed.
3. Interacts with children during activities.
4. Perform other duties assigned by Center Director, of based on the needs of the WIC Food Program and/or Service Area (CDOS).
5. Maintains up-to-date and accurate client files and databases, as required by agency/programmatic policies and procedures, professional standards, and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, licensing or accrediting bodies in the course of performing job expectations.
6. Responsible for maintaining, updating and submitting routine and ad-hoc reports, as necessary.
7. Recruit and encourage high school students to complete their service hours within the Kiddie Corral.
8. Attends on-going trainings for staff development.
PLEASE NOTE: Essential functions include all other duties and responsibilities as assigned .
X Kneel and move from sitting, bending, kneeling or standing multiple times a day.
X Push and pull objects up to 50 pounds.
Climb up and down up to flights of stairs at a time.
X Lift up to 50 pounds.
X Additional Requirements: Ability to work at other WIC Food Centers when requested.
Other Requirements: Comply with program and/or Agency requirements related to:
X Background check, including any program specific requirements
Driver's License and reliable transportation
Agency-specified automobile insurance
Immediate Supervisor : Assistant Site Director
Directly Supervises: N/A
Indirectly Supervises: N/A
Education and Experience Requirements:
Preferred: High School Six semester hours of child devleopment
Preferred: 2 Years working with children in an educational setting
Job ID: 332623379