Pay:Depending On Experience; $17-$18 per hour
Job Type: Part-time, Full-time, or PRN available
Senior Housing Options, Inc., a non-profit providing affordable, safe housing and care for seniors and people with disabilities, has a great opportunity for QMAPs or PCPs to join our team. We will train and pay for you to be a qualified medication administrator if you do not currently have that qualification. We will pay for QMAP qualification and class for the right candidate.
If you enjoy caring for others, working for a non-profit, and having a mission that you can believe in, then join our professional team at Senior Housing Options! We provide a person-centered environment for older adults and persons with disabilities. Bathing, personal care, housekeeping, laundry and assisting with meal services are some of the duties you would be assisting with.
- Paid training for QMAP class and qualification program!
- Ask us about our tuition reimbursement program
- Up to 3 weeks paid time off for ALL full time positions after 1 year of service
- Double time pay for Holiday worked
- Paid holidays for employees who don't work on our company's recognized holidays (normal rate of pay)
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance available if working 30+ hours per week
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Free disability and life insurance after 1 year
- Retirement options with 2% matching contributions
- Free Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Career development opportunities, with advancement available
- Practice safe administration of medication via multiple routes using written physician orders according to the six rights of medication administration taught in the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment QMAP Training Course and the Assisted Living policies and procedures
- Perform vital signs as ordered and follow prescribed parameters in administering medications
- Maintain security of all medications and ensure that controlled drugs are kept under double lock and counted between each shift according to policies and procedures
- Reorder medications as needed or notify the designated staff member using appropriate protocols when there is a need for reordering medications
- Accurately report medication refusals to designated supervisor and notify physician as directed for refusal of critical medications
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. comfortably
- Comfortable using and climbing on step stools
- Certain activities may require repetitive movements including climbing, crawling, crouching, pulling, pushing
- Works beyond normal working hours, on weekends and holidays. May be called during off hours to respond to emergency or unusual situations.
Education and Experience:
- QMAP Certification preferred but will train and pay for QMAP class
- Read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook
Expected Hours of Work: This role is may be part-time or full-time and works 20-40 hours per week during scheduled shifts as needed.